Thursday, January 27, 2011

be still and know

I want to do everything.
I want to do everything well.
God, growing, serving, Church, bible study, community, relationships, serving, work, loving, teaching, health, home, hospitality, family.
I think.
I read.
I plan.
I make to do lists.
I don't do things by halves.
I go over the top.
I lose sleep because of thinking or doing.
My body doesn't comply.
I feel tired.
Not much ticked off list.
Disappointment.
Worry, anxiety, sadness can come.
Overwhelmed.

I'm learning to be still, to know God, to trust.
My latest theme song.

2 comments:

Therese said...

I can resonate with the ideas you've shared here, Heather. I have problems with the being still bit, the resting quietly. I know God is God, and that He is sovereign, He is in control. But, I still worry - it's crazy! I'll pray for you, that you can indeed be still and know!! Love you x

susan said...

Keep on going, Heather. You are doing great.