Friday, September 25, 2009

new beginnings

It is a bit of a long and complicated story as to why all my previous posts are deleted. I'm not even sure I quite understand myself but nonetheless they are gone and I have long since been debating whether to keep writing a blog. At first the delay was due to not knowing where to start (and to some degree that reason still holds) but more recently, I have been attempting to clarify good reasons of why I should write a blog.

I'm certainly not a great writer, nor do I profess to having an interesting life or to possess a deep understanding of theology or doctrine.
Would I be trying to be someone I'm not?
Do I write in the hope of developing a fan base to boost my ego?
Or to show off on how deep and insightful I can pretend to be?

I have finally come to a conclusion of sorts last night as I lay awake with a myriad of thoughts swirling around in my head - I need to write my thoughts down to help me think more clearly, to reflect more deeply, to learn more concretely and to sleep more soundly. And while I do not know who will read this blog or if it would indeed be of any encouragement or educationally useful but for me it is a way to think through my numerous thoughts, epiphanies and revelations as I learn more about God, his wonderful creation, including the blessings of family and friends, his amazing and divine gift of salvation and His will for me to become more like Jesus.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I'm reading and I like it!
Love c. xx