I've been thinking, if I have trouble being myself and opening myself up to people, letting them see me (in the normal everyday) how much am I missing out on opportunities to share about Jesus? It's a big enough deal for me to admit to a group of predominantly dog people that I like cats, or in front of a bunch of intellectuals that I enjoy the Twilight series let alone talk about Jesus to non-Christians.
Vanessa Amorosi's song 'This is Who I Am' has struck a chord with me as I've become more aware and grown to accept myself as I am and to make myself vulnerable by letting others see who I am.
Well it's alright to be myself
Now I've learned to stand
Well it's OK to be just who I am
I've spent years really hating me
Longing to be friends
Now I hope that you can understand
This is who I am
I let my anxiety over my looks and my size hinder me as well. I've been enslaved to it and it prohibits me from living my life in full, enjoying friends, socialness and relationships and more importantly in serving God and bringing glory to Him. God made me the way I am, lovingly and purposefully, my body, my looks, my personality, my gifts. It's all good gifts from Him and I should be grateful for them and look to how I can use them for his glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment