Wednesday, October 14, 2009

measuring up

Foolish that it is, I know there are times when I watch someone who I admire, respect and look up to as a more mature Christian; be surprised about something they have said or done because I know it goes against scripture, whether it be anger, judging, gossiping, worrying, and then justified it thinking, well, if they do it, it must be ok. How stupid!

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23); all struggle with our sinful nature (1 Peter 2:11) and all should be following the example of Jesus and using Him as our guide to how to be living our lives (1 Corinthians 11:1, 1 Timothy 1:16). Made me laugh to think I was justifying my own sinful behaviour because another sinful person was doing it! It is helpful to be reminded by the Holy Spirit that my standard is holiness, to be holy because God is Holy (1 Peter 1:16).

No comments: